Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Velvet 3/4 Circle Skirt Tutorial

Today I'll show you how to sew a 3/4 circle skirt using Crushed Panne Velvet I bought from JoAnn.
 In order to make the pattern, check out these tutorials by Fickle Sense and The Snug Bug.

Also check out my FULL Circle Skirt Tutorial for different methods & tips.

Fold your fabric in half twice. (Also explained in the video.)

Since this is a 3/4 circle skirt, you will need to cut a quarter circle out of the skirt. Try to be as exact as possible!

This is different from my video instructions I believe: make a double fold hem around the skirt.

I sewed mine with a narrow zig-zag stitch. DO NOT pull or stretch the fabric as you sew!

Measure out a waistband 5" x waist measurement.

Fold it in half, right sides showing, and pin it to the waist opening of the skirt, also right side out. The 2 layers of the waistband should match up with the waist of the skirt.

Sew using either a straight or zig zag stitch.

Fold the skirt in half so the two raw sides of the skirt match up like this. Sew with a straight stitch all the way down the side.

And... voila!







Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment