Friday, June 29, 2012

Sewing with polyester knits

  So... I got this "crab apple" colored polyester knit fabric. Thing is, polyester knit is one of the ugliest fabrics ever, so I really had to think. OH! A polyester turban headband! :)

You will need:
  • (2) 25" x 6" stretchy or kinda stretchy fabric
  • sewing machine - keep in mind you will want to use a zig zag stitch for most knits.
That's it! Well, and scissors, I guess, but it's not very necessary to type that.

Take each of your 25 by 6 rectangles. Fold them in half  lengthwise, right sides facing in. (Inside out)
Use a zig zag stitch to sew up the sides and leave the ends open. If you use a straight stitch, it might stretch out and ruin the knit fabric. It's delicate like that. 
Turn it right side out, and move the seam to the center. Why? Idk, I guess it's pretty.
Fold each tube in half and make them look the picture. (Sorry- this step is hard to explain)
Sew the end of the tubes closed with a straight stitch.
I tried it on and my mom made a weird face. I guess she turbans are too HIPSTER for her. :( Oh well, at least I used some of the fabric!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment