This tutorial uses a method called freezer paper stenciling. If you've never heard of it, please check out my other freezer paper post. If you are unsure about this complicating mocking jay pin design, you can attempt a simpler logo first or try it out on a cheap canvas bag.
- Freezer paper- available @ grocery stores
- Mocking Jay image (enlarged & printed to your desired size.)
- X-acto knife/blade & cutting board
- Metallic gold acrylic or fabric paint, if using acrylic paint, stir in a fabric painting medium
- iron & ironing board
- card board or plastic object to stick in between layers of t-shirt or bag to prevent sticking and or bleeding
- T-shirt, canvas or cloth bag, apron or hat
- foam paint brushes
|First, print out your image. Mocking Jay found here.|
|Now, this is also tough, but if you cut out the image right, you will be able to peel the inner bird off the shirt. Make sure the outline stays in tact. Yep, you just created a stencil. (Use once for maximum results.)|
| It came out sooo amazing the pic doesn't do it justice! I wore it to school and got 11 compliments! (pfft! I wasn't counting.) :D|
Would love to see a pic of your DIY Hunger Games attire!!! Be sure to check out THG shirt tutorial on Sweet Verbena!